Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's Time to Dress Yourself

Today Caitlin is dressing herself.  Where does Caitlin start when she gets dressed?  When she woke up she had her pajamas on?   She thought about what she was to do first...    Well she had to take off her jammies before she could put on her school clothes.  Her first step was to take her night gown off and so she did.  She squiggled here and pulled there, she had a tough time but soon was able to get her little arms and head out of her night gown, but how was she to put her school shirt on?  There were three holes two looked the same and one looked odd?  When she looked in the mirror she noticed her arms were the same and her head was definitely a different size.  So she tried to put her head in the arm hole??  well that's not going to work she said to the mirror, so she looked again.  This time when she tried she put her head into the hole to looked odd the first time.  This time it worked her head was in the spot and her arms quickly followed. 
    Her mommy was watching her quietly, she looked into Caitlin's bedroom and smiled.  "Wow look at you?  You really can dress yourself, Caitlin.  You really really can.  I am so proud of you, show me how those school pants go over your feet??  Show me, let me see."
   Caitlin looked at her mom and thought I can you'll see.  She looked at the pants and the same thing she saw was two holes small and one that was large.  She looked in her mirror and thought again... Hmmmm I have two little legs with two little feet and just one waist here as she pointed then thought.  I bet these two go here and that part goes there.  Let's try this and see oh my yep tadaa....  And she turned to her mom and said, "look at me.  I'm dressed,  I have on my clothes and I did it myself." 
Her mom gave her a hand and a big snuggly hug they were proud together little Caitlin can dress herself with the help of her mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment